We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis, MN-based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do.
Come join the fun and build something great with us.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a highly-motivated team player to be a critical member of the finance/accounting team, reporting directly to the Controller. The ideal candidate is a self starter who is able to tackle complex accounting issues, provide exceptional customer service to the Leadpages team, and balance the competing needs of our fast-paced environment. Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Lend your expertise in preparing monthly financial close activities, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Energetically offer insights to help us implement best practices, standards and procedures in all accounting functions and activities
- Utilize your keen attention to detail in assisting with financial, tax and internal audits
- Assist with operational accounting and reporting requests like a boss
- Assist our amazing Leadpages team on special projects as needed
What you’ve done:
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- Excellent understanding of GAAP, general ledger structure and financial reporting
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with experience effectively communicating key data
- Detail oriented with keen analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to effectively navigate complex or ambiguous situations
- 1 - 4 years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment preferred but not required
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Required: CPA, CMA, or actively seeking
- Experience working in a high-growth startup a plus
- Experience working on a new General Ledger
- Experience auditing at a CPA firm
Who you are:
- You’re a team player with a willingness to work within and with a dynamic team.
- You possess excellent communication skills and can comfortably communicate with team members at all levels.
- You’re a critical thinker with the ability to identify and communicate relevant issues for timely resolution.
- You possess a high level of integrity and professionalism when it comes to handling sensitive information (your nickname could be “The Vault”).
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- Above everything else, you’re a problem solver, not a problem creator. When questions crop up (hourly!) you have the answers and will dig deep to find them when you’re not 100% sure. You’re not afraid to make a decision and will take full responsibility if the decision ends up being the wrong one.
- Did we mention that you must be detail-oriented? :)
Who we are:
Leadpages was thrilled to make #148 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list (we were #2 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in both 2015 and 2016. To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook, and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- 2 (yes, two) work-from-home days per week.
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis.
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled.
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note: residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function In 2016, we were overjoyed to give promotions to 27% of our stellar employees.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun.
- No politics, no B.S., and no jerks.
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a fit for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 5 business days. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!