Join Drip as we positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe.
Drip is the world’s first ECRM: an E-commerce CRM designed for digital marketers who want to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. E-commerce marketers around the world are starting to see their customers in full color with Drip features like comprehensive tracking, hyper-segmentation, and robust email marketing automation. They’re graduating from typical email platforms, bloated CRMs, or overhyped marketing automation tools, and becoming more successful with Drip.
Are you interested in contributing to a focused, high-talent, passionate team? Are you driven by creating innovative products that change the way businesses grow and the way email works?
Then join us at Drip!
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Drip, you'll work on a dynamic team to help design, build and manage reliable, scalable, and performant systems. Not only will you be working on the core infrastructure of our SaaS application, but you will be part of the Product Team, building services that power innovative features which fuel our growth. There’s nothing boring about this position!
Some of your individual contributions will include:
- Helping manage and optimize our infrastructure in AWS. We run Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis in EC2. Familiarity with this stack would be amazing!
- Debugging performance bottlenecks. You grok TCP, are no stranger to Linux internals, and strace is your middle name.
- Migrating workloads to AWS managed services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, etc). Experience with these would be fantastic, but isn’t required.
- Automating AllTheThings! We use CloudWatch, CodeDeploy, Ansible, and Terraform to automate provisioning, deployment, and auto-scaling. If you have hands-on experience with these tools or something similar, Drip could be your jam!
- Thinking laterally and collaborating with other teams to work through tough challenges that pop up along the way. Collaboration is in our DNA.
- Pushing back and voicing your opinion if you think differently from the rest of the team. Yep, we truly value you and your perspective, and we want to hear it.
- Working within the fast-paced, lean startup environment that is Drip! And, knowing what it means to ship early and often.
- Watching what you’ve made help your teammates create awesome value for our customers. That's what this is all about!
We place a high preference on SREs who have:
- 5+ years of experience with building, operating, and scaling distributed systems; we run Rails, but that doesn’t mean we’re not highly distributed
- A deep understanding of networking and Linux internals
- Proven software development experience; digging into source code is second-nature to you
- Familiarity with provisioning and configuration management tools (think: Ansible, Terraform, or CloudFormation)
- Experience administering PostgreSQL clusters (we’re at 10 TB and growing)
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
Who you are:
In addition to the above, you...
- Know that DevOps is a culture and a mindset, not a team or a role
- You think in terms of failure modes, building beautifully resilient systems that others can depend on; but you also dabble with prototypes and experimental solutions
- Are a tech and tooling enthusiast; you love staying up-to-date with the latest solutions and approaches
- Enjoy helping teams deconstruct monolithic applications; to address scalability and resiliency; we are actively moving workloads out of Rails/PostgreSQL and into more elastic microservices
- Appreciate the role that monitoring, alerting, and observability play in operating complex systems
- Are continually looking for new things to learn and new ways to leverage your knowledge. You take great pride in being a Subject Matter Expert that people can trust
- Have a passion for collaborating with software development teams and working toward the best solution to customer/business needs. You automate everything! Literally. And, you rarely (if ever) manually fix the same problem twice.
Who we are:
Leadpages+Drip was thrilled to make #297 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list (we were #3 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the past three years in a row! To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook and About pages
Drip is a small product team inside Leadpages, working on a separate marketing automation application that is aptly named "Drip". Working with us gives you the best of both worlds: the intimacy, influence, and speed of a small development team, but all the perks of a well-funded parent company (stable, health insurance, stock options, 401(k), etc.)
Both of Drip’s co-founders are developers, and everyone on the team has a technical bent. As such, we are a developer-focused team that's a haven for expanding your technical chops. We spend a lot of time making Drip look gorgeous both inside and out, placing a high emphasis on code quality, test coverage, and UI/UX.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, here’s what we’ll bring in return:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and generous equity
- A flexible schedule and opportunities to work from home
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Leadpages+Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
We'd love to hear from you! Please submit your most recent resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a fit for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 5 business days. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!